[pct-l] Trail Names - How Did You Get Yours?

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 17:53:06 CDT 2007

Greetings,

I thought it might be fun to discuss this.

Gottago gave me my trail name: "Joyful Jim". This was
in 2004, as I was getting ready to hike the trail. I
had decided to let someone else name me, as it seemed
"purer" to me. I was hoping for something like, "Wise"
or "Intrepid". Joyful? Since Gottago gave it to me,
there was no way I was going to refuse it. I am very
proud of the source. Since I got off the trail at
Donner, I have had a hard time living up to the name.
So it has become a goal - one I'm getting closer to.

How did you get your name?

Best,
J J (Joyful Jim)

http://electricpath.com