[pct-l] Tarp/Bivy Combination in Washington?

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 17:56:18 CDT 2007

--- Steel-Eye <chelin at teleport.com> wrote:

> I haven't used the bivy/tarp combination but expect
> that the sum of their
> weights would about equal one of the little
> backpacker tents, and the tent
> would likely be less trouble, overall.

Thanks for the response, Steel-Eye. You're probably
right. If the weights were about the same, I might go
with the combination in order to get cover (tarp)  up
before putting out a semi-shelter (bivy). I got a
soaked tent in January on the Lost Coast and have been
trying to figure out ways to avoid that in the future.

Best,
J J

http://electricpath.com
http://persuasiongraphics.com