[pct-l] Where you at?

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Tue Apr 3 19:35:05 CDT 2007

I'm flying over from New Zealand next week for the trail. I did a 10 day hike around Mont Blanc back in 2003 and that made me think I could tackle something like the AT, but I heard about the PCT from a girl working as a hut warden in NZ (she did it in 2005 under the name of Gloves) and since I've already been to Yosemite a few times and liked the landscape I switched to that.

The European hike I did is called Tour Du Mont Blanc, really nice alpine scenery, little farms/villages to stay in though some people tent.
http://craig.stanton.net.nz/photos/photoMachine.php?albumName=TMB2003.php

Then there's Jotunhiemen in Norway, awesome mountains, hardly anyone once you get out of day-tripper range.
http://craig.stanton.net.nz/photos/photoMachine.php?albumName=Norway2003.php