[pct-l] SOBO 2007

roni h roni_h3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 00:44:45 CDT 2007

Because of the snow condition, a nobo Pct hike looks like exceptionaly preferable this Year over a sobo hike so unless You realy luck out, You will probebly be hiking most of the way alone.  Some like it, some (like me) find after a month or so that their enjoyment from the trail diminishes as they have no one to share their expriences with.

  Hers an Idea:  I Your not fixated on thruhiking the PCT  perhaps thruhiking the Continental Divide Trail would be preferable.   If the current snow conditions (You can see them at http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/snotelanom/basinswen.html ) remain (and Youll know it for sure by the begining of June, a CDT sobo thruhike will probebly be less diffcult than a sobo PCT hike.  And if You start around June 15 You will probebly be able to hook up with other hikers.  In a year like this Year, the c.d.t would likely be less challenging than You think, both physicaly and logisticaly (You can do it without serious preperation, if Your familiar to long distance hiking.
  After hiking the A.T. evrything should be easy for You....

  Roni (in Israel)