[pct-l] hiking poles

Trail Pygmy trailpygmy at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 13:46:47 CDT 2007

This is not a hoax. I have a couple sets of brand new hiking poles that I'm willing to give away at the kick-off to anyone that posts the most convincing treaties on how "Pygmy is the most handsome man on the trail... and that Reinhold is merely second most handsome".These poles are shock absorbent light weight with ergonomic hand grips, adjustable titanium (I think) poles. Brand spankin new. Never used. I have two pair to give away to the qualified hiker. No joking. I think it's imperative to resolve this rather important issue. For Reinhold's sake.Image of Pygmy here: (taken by Splash) http://www.pbase.com/splashphoto/image/65861636 -this image is in no way digitally enhanced.re: poles. This will be my 3rd year and I will not be using poles. They were great thru the Sierra's but I did wind up carrying them on more occasions than I preferred. One of my fave's on the trail One Gallon never uses them and when I inquired he simply held up his two big powerful hands and smiled. He uses his hands as ice axe/crampons/balancing device... his pack weight is heavy only cause he takes books to read.Hummm. I forgot all about Billy Goat. OK OK. The "most handsome man on the trail aside from Billy Goat".aloha, Pygmyhttp://bluceree.blogspot.com/ -Pygmy's PCT 2007 Gear List is up!ps- thru-hikers are human too. We like to bicker and sling mub. Hell - Edow Med... I mean Meadow Ed calls me a brown butt. Sure it makes me cry. But I move on and strategize revenge... I mean forgiveness. I enjoy previewing the personalities I'll be meeting on the trail. That's why I love the PCT-L... If you are really looking for info search through the archives and you'll find what you are looking for. Let the hikers play. Let little Johnny cry his eye's out. Let lil Suzy kick Bobby and pull his hair. It's all right. In this community with the hate comes the love. Switchback. Hug me and tell me I'm more handsome than Reinhold... "hike the way I hike or go home" Pygmy