[pct-l] dirty girls gaiters

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Apr 4 18:33:09 CDT 2007

I have to get me some of those '' DIRTY GIRL GAITERS ''.
One of the problems I'm having on those JMT fatpacks is staying awake.
When you push yourself to the limit and hike half the night staying awake is
a problem.   With Dirty Girl Gaiters to look at that would seize to be a
problem.
As a matter of fact all Thru Hikers should be required to wear Dirty Girl
Gaiters.
After several month on the trail exhausted hikers have a tendency to gaze in
the distance and not pay attention to the trail resulting in trips & falls
and sprained ankels.
Dirty Girl Gaiters would cause the hiker to look at the gaiters and
therefore keep an eye on the trail and reduce injuries.
On second thought those Dirty Girl Gaiters might keep hikers up all night
thinking about those Dirty Girl  Gaiters, or they might have sweet dreams
dreaming about the gaiters....ohhh, never
mind.

JMT Reinhold