[pct-l] Sandals and mosquitoes

Brian McLaughlin bmclaughlin at bigplanet.com
Thu Apr 5 13:44:45 CDT 2007

While I do use DEET, and I can think of nothing else
that would work as well as DEET on exposed toes,
I would also like to point out that minimizing one's
exposure to DEET is a good idea. In camp I much
prefer to wear a headnet and windsuit rather than
slather DEET all over myself. This tactic works quite
well, too. It is less applicable when hiking unless the
air is very cool, if you sweat much.

Using mosquito-proof clothing also allows you to
carry less DEET and to save what you have for
the times when it is the only solution that works.

Just saying...