[pct-l] Golden Oak Spring Status

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Fri Apr 6 10:06:16 CDT 2007

Good morning, Mike,

I see Miller Spring on TOPO at 11S,383473,3907674 but I have no knowledge of
it.

It may be similar to the other springs in the area of Golden Oaks. They may
be viable, but may not be described in the guides if Golden Oaks was
producing and was the most readily accessible.  Other "springs" in the east
drainage below Golden Oaks are listed as:
Megs Mud Spring at 11S,388519,3897342

Hungry Spring at 11S,388533,3896318

Plus several other named springs lower in that drainage

In the west drainage across from Golden Oaks are:

Champagne Spring at 11S,386751,3898748 in the south head of Indian Creek

Corral Spring at 11S,386762,3897485 in the north head of Cache Creek
Goodwater Spring at 11S,386103,3897009 in the north head of Cache Creek
Plus several un-named springs also in that drainage below Cache Peak.

These "springs" are from the USGS 7.5'-Series of 1994 and probably have
never been field-verified.  All it takes to earn the designation of "spring"
is for a photo-interpreter to see a bit of green in otherwise brown photos.
Who knows what those drainages looked like in 1994 and in whatever season
the images were taken.  It would be very useful to know if any of these are
viable.

Steel-Eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=4645