[pct-l] Golden Oak Spring Status

glen winters glenwinters at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 6 12:29:46 CDT 2007

35 miles no water in April Arrrrggghhh. Ive been doing my training getting pack weight down to around 11 lb before food and WATER. I can probably do 20 mile days, and when hydrated I can easily walk 8 miles with no water in 70 degree temps. Even if I send my tent ahead still seems to me like the water weight will kill me, damn sciatica. Theres no way I can carry enough water to last 2 days in high temps without Vicodan. Yeah I know theirs another 35 mile no water section later on, but I figured I might be a little stronger by then, or completly broken.

Is it too late to get an L-1 visa for a Nepal portar? I think they charge around $5.00 a day, do you think I can get two of them and walk slack pack for the 2658 miles? If not are their any llamas for hire, I'll toss in $25.00 for 2 guarenteed water caches in this stretch.

Does any one have one of these and is willing to make some water and pizza drops for me? http://www.uavflight.com/

The only other option I can think of is a Mormon push cart, but no wheeled vehicles are allowed on the PCT. Does that include push carts. http://www.ezloadgamecart.com/

I am open to all suggestions and soloutions.

Vicodan Man aka Glen