[pct-l] GRAND CANYON EXPEDITION

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 17:27:24 CDT 2007

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes: Had-core
backpackers like you belong on the more primitive and  challenging trails
like Thunder River, Kanab Canyon, North Bass, Deer Creek  Falls, Nankoweap,
Shinumo Creek etc. just to mention a few.
I just got back today (Saturday) from the Grand Canyon again.  The  family
and I did jeep rides on backcountry roads.  And we did some guided  hiking to
see Indian rock art.  We also saw about 15 California Condors  sitting in a tree
near sunset.  Wow, what a fun two day trip.  Of  course, we ate at the El
Tovar dinning room with house wine.  So, you see  when I hike on the Bright Angel
trail, that is primitive for me.  :-)

Switchback the Jeep Hiker
PS: I even walked a little (about 50 yards) on the 750 mile Arizona  Trail.