[pct-l] acclimitation to hot weather

nosirreeb nosirreeb at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 11:40:41 CDT 2007

Craig,

I'm not hiking this year, but I've thought of spending a few days in Tecate as a way of acclimatizing to the hot weather. The town is about 10 road miles from Campo and seems to have a similar climate. The 894 bus to Campo stops on the American side and from there it's a short walk to the border crossing. Touring the brewery and sampling the local cuisine sounds like a great way to get "acclimated".

I take it you're not from the States, so of course a border crossing into Mexico and reentry to the U.S. are not necessarily trivial events. Check your visa.

A couple of years ago, someone posted to the list an offer trail angel services in Tecate. Don't remember who, though.

Anybody have any experiences in Tecate to share? Hotel recomendations?