[pct-l] Cascade Locks Outfitter update

diana s tergemina at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:59:42 CDT 2007

Hey y'all,
I just wanted to let folks know that the On the Trail outfitter in Cascade
Locks Yogi mentions in her guidebook that opened last fall didn't make it
through the winter.  I was in Cascade Locks yesterday after a loop hike of
the PCT and Eagle Creek trail and was excited to check the place out- but
the building is completely empty and there are "for rent" signs on the
windows.  The waitress at the Salmon Row pub confirmed that the outfitter is
closed for good.  So I guess we can't look forward to showers out back and
rides to Portland in the evening- the good news though is that there are
still 4 different beers from Walking Man brewery on tap at Salmon Row, and
boy, are they good!
peace,
chigger