[pct-l] Travelers cheques/checks

Ryley Breiddal ryleyb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:16:03 CDT 2007

It might be worth opening a new account with a more progressive bank.
HSBC (http://www.hsbc.com/) for instance has branches in Australia and
USA (and bunch of other countries too).  I'm pretty sure that if you
open an account in Australia and let them know that you plan to use it
in the US, they can arrange it so that you don't ever pay fees.  In
the specific case of HSBC, I believe you can open a US account with an
attached credit card, from your Australian account.

Good Luck,

Ryley