[pct-l] Solution for 2007 Campaign Heat

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 03:59:39 CDT 2007

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes:
Switchback, I see a couple minor problems with the QUICK  DRAW   BOTTLE  CLIP. How do
you keep it from falling off when you take off the  pack or undue the waist
belt?  How do you keep the water from getting hot,  fully exposed to the sun?
The clips would be simple slipped off the waist belt prior to removing the
belt.  And then just as easily slipped back on after putting on the pack  and
hooking the waist belt together.  No problem.

As far as the water getting hot in the bottle, you could slip on a very
light cover over the bottles if needed.  In fact, a cover bottle holder  might be
better than the clip.  I like the clip because it is  unusual.  I am into the
unusual.  Unusual gear that is.   :-)

One other thing, the SmartTube  (_www.bluedesert.co.il_
(http://www.bluedesert.co.il) ) is an Israeli  product.  It has hit Europe, (_www.rebel-cycles.co
m/smartube.html_ (http://www.rebel-cycles.com/smartube.html) )  but not the US
as far as I can tell.  My recommendation of it was a little  bit of a ploy.  I
was hoping someone on the list could find a US supplier  or a similar product.

This heat thing has me a little  worried about the class of 2007.  I think
the best water carrying  combination includes both the waist (Switchback's
Bionic Hydration Integration  system) and the backpack.  At least, this would keep
the water weight  down on the back and spine.

Switchback the Hydrator Trail Pirate