[pct-l] Loss of Life

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 09:51:09 CDT 2007

Hi Bill..........
  Meadow Ed here..... Well that's one of those ?s one asks that does not really have an answer to it but we can talk about info we know... You know about the 3 from last year then these was , of course, John Donovan in 05. There was a person who fell thru the ice up by Evolution Basin also in 05...The bridge north of KMdws cg was built cause a man drowned crossing the S F Kern there. A few others come to mind here, John Lauder who in 99 fell to his death off New Army Pass... in 96 a man was found frozen to death in his tent up past Belden.. Jack Fair, Butch and Niel Ball all were suicides at or near the trail...There has got to be many more that happened up in Oregon and Washington that i have no knowledge of over the years....You have other plaques by the trail of others but can't think of who they are now...
  I have CCed this to you folks on the pct-l to see if we can add to this list.... its a sad thing to do but perhaps one needs to see this...so feel free to add on to this list.
  Thanks.....

  Bill Batchelor <billbatch at cox.net> wrote:

Some recent posts have made me ponder a question I have avoided finding the
answer to. Does anyone have the data on the number of PCT thru hikers that
die each year? And, the causes? Seems like last year was particularly bad,
or maybe I am was just paying more attention because of my 2007 target.

BillB

unsubscribe or change options: