[pct-l] Fire danger may close forests

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Apr 10 12:10:29 CDT 2007

Sources close to the USFS are saying that the forests will definitely close this year, but when is the question.  In previous years, it's closed in the September/October timeframe, our typical fire season.  But because the fire season did not effectively end because of the drought conditions, it could close much, much earlier.

FYI, when the forests close, the PCT is also closed. Let's hope we get everyone through safely before this happens.

L-Rod