[pct-l] Travelers cheques/checks - summary

Lon Cooper loncooper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 18:12:00 CDT 2007

I do not think it will be very easy for Craig to open a US bank account
without proof of a US address of residence.

I had difficulty opening a new bank account in San Diego when I moved here
about 6 months ago. I use a PO Box for most of my mail and had to change one
of my bills to my street address and wait about 6 weeks for a bill with my
name on it to be sent there before I could open an account with the bank I
wanted to use. Apparently this all as to do with the US Patriot Act,
designed to prevent terrorists from using the US banking system.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/bank/20030930a1.asp

-Lon