[pct-l] Loss of Life

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 21:51:57 CDT 2007

Meadow Ed here.....
  i just talked to Jack Cann the trail  angle person in WWood and he did not know anything about this hiker person(s)... 2:30 am does seem bizzare but could be a typo or if they were going up late and got back down they would not get cell phone service at V Gap so could be they finaly made contact at :2:30 am... Jack was checking out the book today and talking with the folks in Mt. Hardware ... no mention of this report at all.... so maby it was a day hiker....I did here that one of the host familys in WWood is not offering to do so this year...
  Yes i knew about the woman who died on Libera mt.. in a freak snow storm...
  Meadow Ed
Kevin Corcoran <kevin at antelecom.net> wrote:
  Karen Tellez from Palmdale froze to death atop Liebre Mtn about ten
yrs ago. That was very sad, she was a mom and all.
Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything more about this recent
death near Wrightwood, if this was on the PCT?
http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_5615074

Although it doesn't sound very 'hiker' to fall off a cliff at 2:30am.
I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol was involved....

>Some recent posts have made me ponder a question I have avoided finding the
>answer to. Does anyone have the data on the number of PCT thru hikers that
>die each year? And, the causes? Seems like last year was particularly bad,
>or maybe I am was just paying more attention because of my 2007 target.
>
>BillB
unsubscribe or change options: