[pct-l] Marking resupply boxes

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 00:27:52 CDT 2007

Thru-hikers

Denise and Roberta at the Warner Springs Post Office REALLY appreciate it when hikers UNIQUELY mark their resupply boxes.

I've done this with all my boxes for this year.
When I walk into the post office and give them my name I can say "It's a white priority box with pink flourescent spray paint on it."
Then I show them a paint sample I've stuck to the back of my drivers licence which I need to show anyway to claim the package.

Ways I've tried and heard of to do this include colored tapes, colored paper, unique stickers, glitter, and sprayed or brushed paint.

Helping the thru-hikers is their biggest challenge in that tiny post office each year, so please remember to thank Denise and Roberta (and sign the PCT register on the counter).

Thanks

Warner Springs Monty