[pct-l] Rt 10 and PCT

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 14:33:20 CDT 2007

There is no signs but the place I have been picked up near Rt 10:
  Rt 10 East
  Exit 111 toward Palm Springs
  Take Right on the very first road which is Snow Creek Rd.  There is nothing there but some desert brush - the PCT goes under Rt 10 about 1/2 mile West of this intersection.  When you hit Snow Creek Road just Road Walk to the Hiway.

  Another option but this would take some maneuvering is:
  Off of Rt 10 (just West of 111) EXIT "Hougen Lehmann Way" (old Verbenia Ave) just EAST of Cabazon Outlets.  I believe their is a Gas Station that looked kind of deserted last I was there and I don't believe there was a phone.  You'd either have to surface street walk or desert walk after you went under Route 10.  I believe it is still WEST of where the PCT goes under 10.

  If you want to surface street walk 3-4 miles more West you will get to the Cabazon Outlets where I assume there is a phone and a Baskin Robbins.

  If traffic is perfect (which it rarely is) it would take well over two hours from the John Wayne Airport. 91/215/10.

  SB

sue.kettles at comcast.net wrote:
  My husband is meeting me at the I-10 crossing of the PCT north of the San Jacinto's. Can anyone tell me what exit he should take and if there is a PCT sign he would see? How long would it take him to drive from the Orange County airport? (He's a little bit map and directionally challenged so every obvious piece of advice would help.)

Thanks
Sue
unsubscribe or change options: