[pct-l] ADZPCTKO Looking for Volunteers

Robert E. Riess robert.riess at cox.net
Sat Apr 14 09:22:24 CDT 2007

It is my happy task to be in charge of feeding the masses at the ADZPCTKO.  To make this happen in a timely manner we need volunteers.  If you are willing, please consider making the effort to help us make the event enjoyable for everybody.

    Gas BBQ Grills:  We need 4 big grills with full bottles.  Please contact me off list if you can get your grill to Lake Morena Campground by about 5 pm Friday April 27.  Grills will be used Friday for supper, Saturday for breakfast and supper and Sunday for breakfast. Even if you don't arrive till Saturday, please contact me, as we may still need your grill.

    Coffee urns and coffee makers:  We need at least 4 big 40 cup coffee urns.  It should be no surprise that making 600 cups of coffee all at once is not easy in a campground.  Please contact me off list if you can bring an urn or an electric drip coffee maker.  I have the filters and coffee grounds.

    Chefs: Come by site 15 Saturday morning, the one with the flagpole, and sign up to help with food preparation and serving.  Starting at 100pm Saturday, I will need 30 volunteers to make 300 lbs of potato salad, set up the food, grills, paper and plastic. We are in special need of a vegetarian chef to man the vegetarian food line.  For your entertainment, we will be playing first rate videos on the big screen TV while you work, and every volunteer potato peeler will be given an official ADZPCTKO 2007 engraved knife.

    It really is more fun if you get involved.  Thanks.  Hike on !  Bob Riess at the trailhead.