[pct-l] pct-l Digest, Vol 42, Issue 28

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 13:34:40 CDT 2007

_Trekker4 at aol.com_ (mailto:Trekker4 at aol.com)  writes:

I did  forget to mention this product. It's an aluminum-framed front pack,
designed  to be used with a backpack, and called the SyncPack:
thesyncpack.com.
-----------------------------------
I wonder if the Front Hydration  Pack at LuxuryLite.com does the same thing.
With a little modification it  could be attached to the shoulder straps of
any pack and the pack waist  belt.  I have not done this, but it seems easy
enough to  do.

I always like it when gear vendors  use the phase, "Makes the load seem
lighter" or "Transfers most the weight to  your hips."  The first thing I think of
is why don't you just carry a  lighter load and not have all these problems?
A simple sack with  shoulder straps are all you need to go backpacking, if you
are light  weight.  Yes, there are some sections of the trail that might
require some  extra pounds, but it is not a big deal if you have your gear planned
 right.  Your shoulders might be a little sore at the end of the day, but
that is about it for a rare heavy carry.  Most of your water can be carried  on
your hips and waist area, so that is not a big issue.

I amazes me how complicated the  simple act of walking in Mother Nature is
made by American marketing.   Amazing.  Or may be I am out in left field again.
:-)

Your pal,  Switchback