[pct-l] Fwd: American Marketing

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 00:44:54 CDT 2007

_Tortoise73 at charter.net_ (mailto:Tortoise73 at charter.net)  writes: in
response to Switchback's. "I amazes me how complicated  the  simple act of walking in
Mother Nature is made by American  marketing.   Amazing.  Or may be I am out
in left field  again."

Geeze  Switchback, I'd guess you were out in right field close to first base
and  the honeys there.
Well, I guess I have to cut the vendors some slack.  Everyone is  different
and will want different gear for their adventure.  A 10-20  ounce packpack, a
16-26 ounce sleeping bag, and a 12-16 ounce bivy/tarp combo  is just fine to
get to Canada.  But you have to have some other gear to  supplement and do duel
purpose.  For example, a nice down jacket with  hood.

I use a 2.5 pound freestanding  netting tent (MSR Hubba).  It is a luxury.
It makes me happy, so I  watch my gear weight in other areas very closely.

Say, I am too old for the honeys.  That is for you young  whippersnappers of
the trail.

Switchback the  WhipperSnapped