[pct-l] SuperSecrests of Backpacking - Anti Heat

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Apr 16 13:44:41 CDT 2007

Switchback writes......below are gear ideas only a few people in the world
know about.
You will be merrily skipping along on the PCT this season as as you step
over the bodies of fallen hikers. Those who have succumbed to the sun and
it's unrelenting heat.

Well,  I guess I am a goner then because I don't have any of the high-tech
''GIZMOS''  my  buddy Switchback is talking about and will, as Switchback
said, most likely succumb to        the  sun and it's unrelenting
heat.....just be careful Switchback not to step on me as you      step over
my twisted and agonizing body.

I don't wear snappy $50  ''SunPrecaution.com'' designer shirts or pants but,
then again,             I don't look snappy and sparkle and shine like
Switchback does.......I get my designer       hiking wardrobe at
''Goodwill'' at .50 cents per shirt......works fine for me.

                 I'M THE GRUBBY LOOKING ONE ON THE TRAIL.

I would be nervous rolling around in the dirt wearing $ 50
''SunProtectio.com'' shirts and     pants for fear of getting them
dirty.....I would not be a happy camper.....so I just keep on wearing my
snappy Goodwill shirts and role around in the dirt and remain a happy
camper.

Besides, it seems to me that I have seen my share of snappy looking hikers
crawling on
the trail begging scrubby looking hikers for help.

JMT Reinhold
Your scrubby grubby trail companion