[pct-l] Water Containers

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 15:09:06 CDT 2007

_armchairhiker at gmail.com_ (mailto:armchairhiker at gmail.com)   writes: What's a
"Hiker" bag? Can you put a URL up?
----
Go to _www.platypushydration.com/product_detail.aspx?ProdID=15_
(http://www.platypushydration.com/product_detail.aspx?ProdID=15)  to  see the Hiker
Hydrator.  I like it best of all the pouch holders out there  right now.  It is
really a personal thing on what you like best.  Each  Hiker holds 1.8 liters, I
think.

I carry one on each hip on my waist  pack belt.  I might add some foam to the
belt to give it a little more  thickness and then I use Velcro to tie it to
the belt.  For the current  waist pack I am using from REI I can use a metal
ring to hook one end of the  Hiker to the belt and Velcro for the other end.
Nice.

I use one drinking hose for each  Hiker, so I can change on the move if one
dries up (I try to balance them out  and use both as I hike).  Then I have my
bottle pouches on the waist belt  too for electrolyte and protein drinks.  The
waist pack pouch in is front  and hooked in the back.  It is a fanny pack
turned around.

This supplies and liquid waist pack  system is the famous Bionic Hydration
Integration system.  It works nicely  and keeps my center of gravity lower for a
smoother walk.

If you need more water to carry,  then you can go to your backpack.  No
problem.

Switchback the  Hydrator