[pct-l] Erik Ryback, Where Are YOU?

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 22:15:00 CDT 2007

Dear Erik,

As coordinator of the Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kick Off and the
presentation coordinator for ALDHA-West I seek unique individuals who have
established the foundation of inspiration for the PCT and long distance hiking
to come back and give us their incredible, early, phenomenal accounts of what
drove them to begin this great long distance hiking community.

This community now counts in the thousands and is the closest and most
passionate group I have ever been associated with.  A couple years ago we  had
Warren Roger's son come and speak to the ADZPCTKO in order to give his  memories
of the building and establishment of the PCT.  His emotional  speech left us
all in a higher, more passionate state and brought us all to  our feet.  A
couple of years ago, also, Barry Murray attended and spoke at  the annual gathering
for ALDHA-West to great accolades.

Now, your contribution to those of us who hiked the trail 30 years ago is
legendary and was THE major inspiration to those of us who now attempt to
inspire others to follow in our footsteps.  We invite you with honest  admiration
and seek to bring you back into this community as one, if not THE,  person who
laid the foundation for all of us.

Sincerely,

Greg "Strider" Hummel
(anyone with information to the whereabouts or contact information for  Erik,
please contact me and you will be heavily  rewarded!)