[pct-l] Packs: Mariposa Plus vs Vapor Trail

Mark Jernigan footslogger03 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 07:46:53 CDT 2007

Can't give you a direct comparison but I will comment on carrying capacity (weight) for the Vapor Trail.  I carried the Vapor Trail on the AT in 2003.  When I first got it my total pack weight was 30lbs     ...and it was not very comfortable.  At 30lbs, the maximum rating of the Vapor Trail, the HDPE frame sheet starts to buckle (bow outward) and you end up shouldering all the weight. Once I got my pack weight down to 24 - 26lbs the Vapor Trail was a dream to carry.

  'Slogger

"Fr. Larry" <flarry at osjoseph.org> wrote:
  I'd be interested in any feedback comparing the Granite Gear Vapor Trail
pack to the Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus. The latter is rated at 35 lbs
compared to 30 for the former, while 13 ounces lighter and $30 cheaper. Will
it really handle 35 lbs better than the Vapor Trail? Thanks.

www.osjoseph.org
www.sjoachim.org

unsubscribe or change options: