[pct-l] Self-Arrest

Mark Jernigan footslogger03 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 07:53:45 CDT 2007

One thing I will say for the Whippet     ...at least it's in your hand as your feet go out from underneath you and you begin to slide.  The vast majority of photos I've seen show the high performance ice axes proudly displayed on the back of hikers backpacks.

  'Slogger

Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net> wrote:
  Switchback,
It would not be the first time that a big company gets slapped with a
products defect law suit.

I make you a deal, Switchback,.......you go on a free slide down Half Dome,
and if the ''Wipped'' self-arrest device does not arrest you, you will go to
haven
knowing that ''HEAVENLY FUNERAL HOMES'' will honor their ''DOUBLE
DISCOUNT TO THRU - HIKERS''.

JMT Reinhold
Director, Heavenly Funeral Homes

Switchback writes........ I wonder why a big company like Black Diamond
would leave itself open to law suites for their
Wipped self-arrest device?........