[pct-l] Patagonia Rain Shadow Jacket

Brad Evergreen bradevergreendvm at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 22:09:21 CDT 2007

I like the Rain shadow Jacket.  I live in washington state in the second wettest area of the region next to olympic penn, they get about 1 inch more a year.  It performs better than any other jacket I have had.  I cannot give enough praise either for the OR rain hats!  I also really like the Rain Shadow Pants, but as with any gear it depends on what you wear under it to not absorb moisture.  (ie Patagonia capilene).  I hike all year in the rain and wouldnt get any other combo at this point. Brad

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:  Does anyone know about the new Patagonia Men's Rain Shadow Jacket? A recent
post about weather up in the Laguna Mountains said the jacket I use
(MicroPore-DriDucks) sucks out on the trail in heavy rain and snow. Now I am
concerned.

Last year I was in the bad weather on Section A on the PCT. But it was just
light rain/snow/fog/wind and I had my umbrella up. I hitchhiked back to my
car at Mt. Laguna village and headed to Pine Cove to the motel. Ahhhh, nice
hot shower and nap. I was a happy camper.

Go to _www.patagonia.com_ (http://www.patagonia.com) to see the Rain Shadow
jacket.

Thanks, Switchback the Soggy

unsubscribe or change options: