[pct-l] Proposed Power Lines on PCT in Anza

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Apr 22 23:03:59 CDT 2007

Jon D. has over simplified the issues around the power
lines. However his message and thoughts appear sincere and
are not personal attacks. Others have sunk to making
personal attacks and snide comments instead of discussing
the issues.

While not explicit in the materials I have read, it seems to
me that the biggest underlying cause for the new
transmission line is population growth, both legal and
illegal. This population growth also drives suburban sprawl
and developments which threaten many of our parks and other
natural resources.

There may be better routs for the power line as well as
alternatives such as increased energy efficiency and power
generation closer to areas of use.

Regrettably, population growth is an environmental and
social issue which has been avoided for the past 20 - 30
years and now and in the future we all will pay the costs of
this past avoidance. The principal tactic of those
supporting population growth, especially illegal
immigration, is ad hominen  attacks rather than discussing
the issues. I hope that at least on this list, members would
discuss the real issues instead of personal attacks and
snide comments.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>

Using Mozilla Thunderbird