[pct-l] Pictures and maps of other water places on Mt Laguna + picsof drive up on April 21, Saturday

arm chair armchairhiker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:17:02 CDT 2007

Hi,

 1. USFS website says Burnt Rancheria Campground is still closed for the
> winter. Did you see if there was water in the faucets there?
> - the was a host there and 4 RVs near the water site 48. And no, I didn't
> turn on the faucet. woops. Should have!

2. One of the three water sources you show on the other map points to
> the Shrine Camp. In the past I've seen this posted private, but also
> heard a few hikers got help there. Do you have any info on this?

The Shriners have helped in the past and no I don't think the want to be
known as a 'public' area, but since they are a charitable organisation, they
would probably share water. In any case their lodge is next to the Laguna
Campground.

At Foster's lodge the water is very limited and it would be best to goto the
Campground across the highway.

At the campground the pay hot showers are closed I was told. (25 cents for a
couple of minutes of hot shower water when open)

It's funny, Burnt Rancheria is so close to the trail, but I've seen
> hikers walk right past it back and forth looking for it.

Good Point. I took a GPS and just added a map to the pictures of Burnt
Ranchita that has the Track and UTM points of the water / bathrooms.

Also UTM of General Store and note of picnic table next to PCT. This is just
before first road up to the Radar Station.

That help?

Havin' fun,
- armchair