[pct-l] Carbon Fiber Poles

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 23:27:14 CDT 2007

JMT Reinhold writes: Switchback, the poles are not your problem. Your problem is that big pirate sword you are dragging along to terrorize and plunder hikers.  You should trade it in for a plastic one and greatly reduce your lightning strike risk potential. Better yet, carry our portable, made for backpackers only, lightning rod with you and install ten feet from your tent to deflect any lightning strikes from your tent......lightning will bother
you no more.
You are probably right.  I did not think of that.  I went out in the cool pool today at Warner Springs Resort.  I have a great room.  Tonight a bunch of us (all thru hikers, except me) had dinner in the resport's dinning room and then sat around and talked for two hours.  What a blast.  Trail stories and adventures already for the Class of 2007.  This is too cool.

Switchback the Resorter