[pct-l] Thrift store finds (was JMT speed record)

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 09:23:50 CDT 2007

>>There is no need to spend a fortune on hiking cloth.....you can find fleece,
>>gortex etc. dirt cheap at Thrift stores.

Yep. I'm a big fan of the thrifter. A polyester dress shirt makes wonderful sun protection, dries quickly and looks quite
fashionable in town.

If you live in an active outdoor area, you'll be amazed at what people donate and you can pick up.
Though too heavy for backpacking, I picked up a Patagucci fleece for $4. Great for around town!

Living in a college town, I'm also amazed at what the students get rid of at the end of semesters. Guess last year ski clothing
is not fashionable enough anymore. :)

So yeah... There's GoLite... I am going to make a new line of hiker clothes:  GoCheap.  :D

>>Besides, after you roll around in the dirt a few times they look the same
>>anyhow and you don't have to be nervous about getting your fancy wardrobe
>>dirty.
I think my backcountry wardrobe may rival almost any hiker for sartorial splendor!

http://tinyurl.com/3369po

 (Yes..I really did find what I am holding while out in the Basin)

http://tinyurl.com/3bc6dp
http://tinyurl.com/3464xl

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com