[pct-l] Calif Sec K Granite Chief water question

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Thu Aug 2 20:35:10 CDT 2007

I'll be hiking north through Sec K in a few weeks. In the Ben Go data book
(2001), he notes an 11 mile waterless section in the Granite Chief
Wilderness from side trail 15E23 (mp 1139) to Hwy 40 (mp 1150). I'm hoping
to camp just north of the 15E06 trail on the west side of Tinker Knob where
the PCT Guidebook notes a spring and campsite in Sec 14 (Map K7). I'll pick
up a reload the next day.  If anyone has any current info on this area
having any water, I'd appreciate it.