[pct-l] Popcorn Storage on the Trail

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 16:04:55 CDT 2007

Since I plan to cook some Jolly Time microwave popcorn to take with me on
the upcoming Mt. Whitney expedition, does any have a good storage technique for
out on the trail?

I have tried this before and I seem to remember that the popcorn will
"sweat" and give off water.  It becomes soggy in a storage sack.

I was thinking that I might cook the popcorn and then let it dry a  little.
In fact, I like "stale" popcorn.  May be that is the secret  to let it dry a
little before packaging.

The reason I want to take ready made popcorn is that when I cook Jiffy Pop,
afterwards the container smells ALOT.  The bears come from miles around to
check it out.

Your pal, Switchback the Corny