[pct-l] popcorn expertise? or Power on the PCT

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 13:28:09 CDT 2007

In a message dated 8/4/2007 10:51:33 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Tortoise73 at charter.net writes:

Tortoise  the Popcorn Gourmet writes: Anyone who thinks microwave popcorn is
good is NOT  a popcorn connoisseur.  And jiffy-pop is dubious; something one
resorts  to when desperate.
Switchback the Korny replies: Say, you should try the Jolly Time
Butter-Licious microwave popcorn.  I cook it at work on my office microwave  that sits on
top of my office refrig full of cold drinks. This is because I am  desperate
for a snack break.  Plus, I get a lot more work done taking a  popcorn lunch
at my desk/computer.  Nice.

The Jolly Time is not the super best grade of gourmet popcorn  cooked with
white Crisco, but it is not bad at all.  I bought a large bag  of popcorn at
Whole Foods and might take that too on the Mt. Whitney  Expedition.  I have
absolutely no doubt that if a PCT hiker was banging  along the trail and getting
worn out, they would get a tremendous pick-up from a  popcorn snack.  Super
trail power.  I have done this.  In fact,  this might be my main staple on my
PCT/JMT Section Unsupported Record  attempt.  I will have 4 or 5 of those giant
monster bags you can get  at the Walmart SuperStore.  They look like jumbo leaf
trash bags full of  popcorn.