[pct-l] Report on 1st Annual Cascade Locks Trail Days event

Daniel Bailey greenhiker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:17:48 CDT 2007

Hello All,

I attended the 1st Annual Cascade Locks Trail Days event on Saturday and
there was a fairly good turnout.  Approximately 20 hikers showed up, 18 of
which were headed for the 6.0 mile hike, the other 2 were headed for
the 1.8mile hike.

For the 6 milers, the hike left from the Herman Creek Campground and
followed a (name unknown) trail for 1.5 miles to the PCT, which led down to
the Bridge of the Gods at Cascade Locks.  The 1.8 mile group started closer
to Dry Creek Falls.

Besides the hikes, there were people on site doing trail maintainence, both
on the Oregon and Washington sides of the Columbia.

Afterwards, the Pacifc Crest brew pub (formerly Salmon Row brew pub)
provided pizza and beer.  I knew that the Salmon Row brew pub had been up
for sale and was hoping that a trail friendly group would buy it.  My hopes
were answered, as the new owners were super friendly and are actually
converting the upstairs part of the brew pub into a hiker hostel.

Yogi was on site, which was a pleasant surprise.  I'd not previously met her
and chatted with her for a couple minutes.  She said that she left Campo on
April 25th and I was impressed at the speed it must take to be in Cascade
Locks only 3.5 months later.

Shrek was also present, though not hiking this year.

Be well,

Senator

GA->ME 2005
PCT 2008 (256 days until I start hiking!!!)