[pct-l] Pet care while on PCT?

Rachael Howard rachaelmw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:03:01 CDT 2007

Not sure if this topic has been covered before, but I'm trying to
explore pet care options for my 2008 thru hike.  Right now it's my
only remaining logistical issue, but it's enough to cause me to cancel
my trip.

So, what does everyone do with their pets (in my case, a large dog)
for the 4-5 months that the hike takes?  My first thought would be
parents or close friends, but that is nearly impossible due to condo
restrictions and general aversion to pets.  Are there any good kennel/
pet sitting facilities in the Campo or San Diego area!

Thanks for any ideas you can provide.  I'll feel much better when I
find living arangements for my little girl.

-Rachael Howard

Sent from my iPhone