[pct-l] Hiking without food..........

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon Aug 13 16:21:13 CDT 2007

Make him read "Into the Wild" by Krakauer.

I know what a caring heart you have, but the fact that YOU are asking these questions, not him, says a lot. If he's a big enough boy to come to Washington with his own plan, he's a big enough boy to do his own research and ask his own questions.  I have little tolerance for people who show up on the trail without doing their homework and expect to be spoon fed the "how-to" once they arrive, no matter what point on the trail they start.

Sure, we know from what you've told us that he is making some terrible assumptions, done zero research, and his plan stinks.  It not only stinks, it could quite likely cost him his life, and rescuing his sorry behind could put others in jeopardy.  But sadly, he has to live his own life and make his own mistakes just like the rest of us, and no one can save him from himself, not even a dear person like you.

Hopefully his hunger will drive him back off the trail before hypothermia gets him.

Please show him my message.

L-Rod