[pct-l] PCT Hiking Secret.htm

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Aug 14 07:09:44 CDT 2007

[pct-l] PCT Hiking SecretSwitchback,
That is bad advise.....I tried it and my wife threw me out of the house
after I brought my external frame pack into bed.
So there, it's all your fault, what do you say to that?
Maybe I should try it with my internal frame.

JMT Reinhold
The homeless

[pct-l] PCT Hiking Secret
Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com

Here is something only a few hikers in the world know.  This is hard  core
hiker trash stuff.  It will send you zooming down the PCT.  As  you know
getting
a good night's sleep out on the trail is very important.

About two weeks prior to your hike, starting using your hiking pillow at
home.  Use it in your easy chair, couch, and bed.  Get use to  it.  You can
put
in on your other pillows, etc., but use it directly  against your head.

When you go out on the trail and camp, your pillow feels like an old
friend.
 You immediately sleep comfortably and soundly at night.  You  could even
use
this technique with your sleeping bag/pad too, but I just use it  with my
camp pillow (LuxuryLite.com - I use the super soft Trekker pillow case  with
it
too, very nice).

Another trick of the trail from your pal,  Switchback.

at