[pct-l] Transitions lenses for thru-hike?

Rachael Howard rachaelmw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:24:11 CDT 2007

I have terrible vision, so I'm trying to work out an eyewear solution
for next year's PCT thru-hike.  Since I'm unable to wear contacts for
an extended period of time, I am considering purchasing a pair of
glasses with Transitions lenses.  Has anyone used these before, and if
so, would you consider them a viable option for a thru-hike?  The
alternative is to get a pair of prescription sunglasses in addition to
my regular glasses, but I want to conserve pack weight/space  for
other things.  Thanks!

-Rachael