[pct-l] Transitions lenses for thru-hike?

rogercarpenter at comcast.net rogercarpenter at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 18:17:00 CDT 2007

Rachael,
I have never used transitional lenses.  Instead I like to have clip-on flip-up sunglasses over my frames.  I find that when walking from forests into open, sunny areas I can flip the shades up and down whenever I need to.  The flip-ups are relatively cheap and very light weight.  I realize they are not fashionable, but out there on the trail who cares?   If you get a pair that are slightly larger than your frames they give you a little side protection, too.

Roger

From: "Rachael Howard" <rachaelmw at gmail.com>