[pct-l] the Tale of Grider Creek

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Aug 15 22:51:33 CDT 2007

First of all, NO poison oak rashes on me!  with all the PO I was sure
I'd be itching and treating but I escaped / avoided the PO this time.

I did stop at the third bridge going south as you count them. I think
the trail to the campsite just above this bridge is almost totally
obscrued by overgrown brush now. Others have not spotted it.

Also, the access to the campiste at the second bridge going south (third
bridge in the guidebook) is overgrown and not visible per David
Plotiknoff's post. By the time I got back down to this bridge I was
really hauling ass (at my own Tortoise pace) to the campground so was
not that alert. Also Zen Quake did not spot this either. Hopefully
someone can get the trail brushed out.

But thanks for your info and I did have a good time anyway. And proved
that I could do more than I anticipated.

I don't think I drove by Little Grider Creek since I drove up to Obrien,
OR then down Waldo Rd - Indian Creek Rd to Happy Camp before turning
east towards Seiad Valley.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>