[pct-l] Perseid Meteor Showers

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Thu Aug 16 14:59:34 CDT 2007

In Tahoe, I saw about 20 meteors over a two hour period on Monday  night.
Not real impressive, yet you all know that you have to be real  patient to
experience Mother Nature's fireworks.

An aura photo reveals that I am VERY spiritual . . . hmmmmmmm

I spoke with Don Lane, a 36 year veteran of the Tahoe area Natl Forest
Service.  He says gangs, white water rafting yahoos, taggers and such are  the
worst thing and challenge of his job.  The beauty, the quiet, the  wilderness, is
his soul and solace.

Greg "Strider" Hummel

(the annual gathering of ALDHA-West is Sept. 28 -30th at the Sierra Pines
Camp on Hwy 50 near Twin Bridges and west of Echo  Summit)