[pct-l] The Dark Side of "Survivor Man" & "Man Versus Wild"

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Aug 20 23:15:52 CDT 2007

Freiman, Paul wrote:

>I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when he was in the Sierras... at one of his campsites... there was a cut log.  In other words, he was at a real campsite and he had found a trail.  Bear proceeded to get hypothermic in the water though, cause that is good TV.
>Capt bivy

I had a similar thought while watching that episode.  He comes to a lake
(not all that big) and sees a trail/road on the far side.  Instead of
walking around the lake, he swims across the lake risking hypothermia
and drowning. As he is swimming he tells us how cold and tired he is
getting.   How stupid is that?  But as you say, it makes for more
dramatic television.  Some expert.
Marion