[pct-l] Food Dehydrator Recommendation

Beth Murdock dorothea at onemain.com
Fri Aug 24 18:26:55 CDT 2007

My 10yr old American Harvester food dryer is humming away right now drying 6
trays of cherry tomatoes.  We take these dried tomatoes, and dried slices,
on all our trips.  On summer long trips we put a big bag in every resupply
box. We would add them to dehydrated meals, put them in sandwiches, or just
eat them plain. At home we eat them as snacks, sometimes with nuts, such as
tamari almonds.  My plan is to make a solar dehydrater. Even here in Oregon
there is enough sun most of the summer and early fall.  Dried apple and pear
slices are also good trail food.

Have fun

Beth Murdock
Portland, Oregon