[pct-l] Bishop and Lone Pine Hiker Hotels

Lon Cooper loncooper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:30:29 CDT 2007

In Lone Pine the Dow Villa is a hiker favorite, but may not the cheapest in
town.

If you ever happen to be in Independence the Courthouse Motel is another
hiker favorite.

I have never stayed in Bishop so I can't help there.

Southlake to JMT can be done in a day. It may be a long day if it's your
first day on the trail and your not accustomed to the altitude, or don't get
an early start.

-Lon