[pct-l] Bishop and Lone Pine hiker hotels

Monica Varsanyi Monica.Varsanyi at asu.edu
Fri Aug 31 12:57:27 CDT 2007

Hi Marilyn,

We just finished the JMT and resupplied in Independence (over Kearsarge
Pass--beautiful!).  We had no problem hitching from Onion Valley to
Independence, and then stayed at the Winnedumah Hotel.  It's under new
ownership and they are incredibly nice.  Another bonus: there is a
fantastic French bistro (though a bit pricey) in Independence, the
"Still Life", which is highly recommended.  The Winnedumah doesn't have
laundry, but you can do your laundry in the machine in the gas station
across the street.  The owner of the hotel took pity on us, when he saw
us wearing our rain gear in the 100 degree temperature, and lent us
t-shirts and shorts to wear while doing laundry and checking email at
the Courthouse!

Nice rooms, too.

Cheers,
Ponch

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:34:15 -0500
> From: "Marilyn McAlester" <mlmcalester at gmail.com>
> Subject: [pct-l] Bishop and Lone Pine Hiker Hotels
> To: pct-l <pct-l at backcountry.net>
>
> I am looking for the names of favorite, cheap hiker hotels, motels in
> Bishop
> and Lone Pine.  I will be in need during the new couple of weeks.
Also is