[pct-l] New Gear for the 2008 Campaign

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 13:30:15 CST 2007

Tortoise-

  Please see my post about this issue.  Again, this umbrella is aerodynamically designed and turns ITSELF into the rain, so always faces in the best positon to offer the most protection.  But oh, yes, you'd still need rain gear.  We (the group) were most interested in it for sun protection.

  Wheeew

Tortoise <Tortoise73 at charter.net> wrote:
  After taking a look at the umbrella, my concern is that he umbrella, like most umbrellas, would not provide much protection  to wind blown rain so one needs some sort of rain suit or poncho.
With wind blown rain, the wind would blow the rain under the umbrella and onto you.

Tortoise    <> He who finishes last, wins! <>

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:       Check out the following sites for some interesting items:

  1.  Surefire.com for the titanium Titan flashlight under 2 ounces.  Big output for a small weight.  A great holiday gift.  Buy a bunch for socking stuffers.

  2.  Senzumbrellas.com for super wind resistant umbrellas.  New for 2007.  Super neat.

  Your helpful holiday gear gift elf, Switchback