[pct-l] To Ursack or not to Ursack

David and Cindy hikeon at surewest.net
Sun Dec 2 21:58:43 CST 2007

We had the same issues with the Ursack company.  The customer service is not too great.  I would think twice before believing in this product.  We carried this product on the JMT in 2006 and had several bears interested in the bag.  We came home with only one Ursack and it had teeth marks in it!!!  I don't think you have to wonder much about what happened to the other one!
On the other hand we had no problem dealing with the people that represent the Bear Vault. It may be a little heavier but at least they stand behind their product and you won't go hungry on the trail.
Cindy